There are certain things that we want to avoid and yet we put ourselves in situations that could and would surely make us fall into doing it again. Here are a few very basic illustrations of what I am talking about:
1. If you don’t want to gamble then don’t hang around in the casinos. Find another place to have a drink. When you’re there, you’ll be tempted to drop a peso and you might not be able to control yourself. When you go home, the urge would still be in you and chances are you might go back into gambling.
2. If you are cash-strapped and are trying to avoid using your credit card, then stop going to the shopping malls for “window shopping”. Stop “online window shopping”. Find something else to do while at home. Clean your bathroom.
3. I you’ve quit smoking, don’t carry around a box and stop sniffing an unlighted cigarette. I’ve seen men holding a stick and sniffing it like a dog. Just quit period.
4. If you badly want to lose weight, by all means do not go to the buffets. Your friends will encourage you to eat more “kain ka pa hindi ka naman mataba”.
5. If you don’t want to get bitten by dogs, don’t pet your neighbor’s dog. Avoid being near dogs at all.
6. If you don’t want to do drugs, for God’s sake don’t hang around with drug users. The minute you sensed your companion is into drugs, leave, avoid him/ her.
7. If you want to avoid trouble, then don’t hang out with your barkada at night. Go home, stay home and be safe.